We are a motorcycle club for members of the fire service and their families who enjoy riding motorcycles. Membership is open to ALL firefighters, active or retired, volunteer or industrial who have access to a motorcycle and hold a valid motorcycle driver’s…
• Remember that motorists often have trouble seeing motorcycles and reacting in time.
• Make sure your headlight works and is on day and night.
• Use reflective strips or decals on your clothing and on your motorcycle.
• Be aware of the blind spots cars and trucks have.
Dress for safety:
• Wear a quality helmet and eye protection.
• Wear bright clothing and a light-colored helmet.
• Wear leather or other thick, protective clothing.
Apply effective mental strategies:
• Give yourself space and time to respond to other motorists’ actions.
• Give other motorists time and space to respond to you.
• Use lane positioning to be seen; ride in the part of a lane where you are most visible.
• Watch for turning vehicles.
• Signal your next move in advance.
• Pretend you’re invisible, and ride extra defensively.
NC12 members, if there are options or additional items you would like to see on our page, please let me know.